My Top 5 Albums of 2012:
5. Tie: Fun. – Some Nights / Passion Pit / Gossamer
Fun has some incredibly catchy tracks on but Passion Pit’s album is really just heads and tales better than Fun.’s. The only reason I am calling it a tie is because both have spent about the equal amount of time on my ears and both have great moments.
4. You Blew It! – Grow Up, Dude
Reminds me a lot of the first Thursday album. Very raw and emotional. Can listen to for hours.
3. Athletics – Who You Are Is Enough
Very engaging listen like all of Athletics material.
2. Circa Survie – Violent Waves
One of my favorite bands finally came back around to put out a great album.
1. From Indian Lakes – Able Bodies
This release could easily be numbers 1-5. I haven’t stopped listening to it since it came out. It’s just one of those perfect releases in my opinion. I might just turn it on right now.